My name is Chiara and I am a Bookworm.
This week when I looked at the list of topics for top 10 Tuesday I found that it said “Character Freebie”. Well, I had no idea hat to do with that.
So after some head scratching, pondering and brain picking (thanks dad) I came up with this topic. Things Characters are Famous for.
1. Poirot’s Moustache, Agatha Christie
2. Bond’s Gun (Walter PPK), Ian Fleming
3. Bilbo/Frodo’s Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien
4. Holme’s Dear Stalker and Pipe, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
5. Morse’s Car (Lancia Flavia), Colin Dexter
This is the only one I will give an explanation to because everyone thinks that Morse’s car is a Jaguar Mark 2. It only changed to this because John Thaw insisted that Morse should drive a classic British car, that it fitted his character better.
But, because who doesn’t love a Jag Mk2, here is the one that appeared in the TV series …
6. Percy Jackson’s Pen/Sword, Rick Riordan
7. Eeyore’s Tail, A.A. Milne
8. Mr Darcy’s Pemberley, Jane Austen
9. Magnus Bane’s Eyes, Cassandra Clare
10. Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak, J.K. Rowling