My name is Chiara and I am a Bookworm.
I saw this tag the other day when it was featured by @The_WriteReads on twitter as the blog of the day … as I was reading through it I realised I had to have a go. So thank you to @marysimms72 from bookcraic brilliant example and if you haven’t seen it check it out.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
As a general rule … no. I used to, then one really long holiday journey in the car I put my headphones on, drowned out the rest of the car and read … and I didn’t get travel sick once. If I remember correctly the book I was reading was one of the Twilight books. Ever since I have been able to read in the back of the car with out getting sick, though I do have to still drown everything else out with headphones.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I am really stuck on how to answer this. I don’t think a writer’s writing style can be any more or less unique than anyone else’s.
Everyone has something about their writing style that makes it unique and individual to them.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give three points to defend your answers.
I have read and loved both, but I must say I prefer Harry Potter because I think there is more space to expand with Harry Potter than with Twilight. Twilight is just a very complex love story where the boy happens to be a vampire. Most romance stories end at ‘they lived happily ever after’ or some other cliched ending. J.K. Rowling built an entire world around Harry Potter and has so much more potential to expand.
(Is that only one point? Please stop me if I go off on a tangent like that)
The Harry Potter films were done … better. Not perfectly by any means, but better. There is so much in the Twilight films that isn’t true to the books. Though both franchises loose points for splitting the final films. If you’re going to spilt the book do it because the final book has too much to put in one film … not because all the other franchises are doing it and you just want to milk the franchise for as much as it’s worth
Third and final point. You want to be part of the Harry Potter world. How many of you bookworms are still waiting for your Harry Potter letter that will never arrive?
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books…)?
I don’t carry a dedicated book bag. I carry my handbag and there is always a book in there, at least one, plus my iPad, purse, all the other usual womanly handbag essentials, and then there’s my work stuff usually floating around in there, apron and hat.
5. Do you smell your books?
Normally no … but I recently got a copy of I, Robot by Isaac Asimov and I couldn’t stop smelling it. It smelt so different to other books … I loved it. I think my brother thought had finally lost all of my marbles.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without … just because I tend to read books that don’t have them.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
If I loved a book then to me it probably was quality writing. I either notice the writing quality as I’m reading it, or I don’t and it never bothers me.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
The book that really got me into reading was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I hadn’t read the ones before it and I can’t particularly remember the reason that I picked that one up. I think I wanted one that hadn’t yet been out in the cinemas … so I hadn’t seen it. I was grounded for a month by my parents (again I can’t remember what I did) but my punishment was no TV in my room for a month. So at night to help me fall asleep I picked up Harry Potter. I read it with in a week. I don’t think I’ve ever been without a book since.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I’m not sure … the last Heroes of Olympus book, The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan … maybe one of the Sarah J. Maas books. I don’t know I would have to scour them and check
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Of course I write … I write a blog. But if you mean fiction … yeah I write that too. The only dream I’ve ever had for myself is to be an author.
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve already told you that story.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice … hands down.
14. In school what was your best subject?
Maths was my best … but my favourite was French strangely enough … at 12 I read Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone in French
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
Keep telling them it’s on my TBR pile and I’ll get round to it eventually.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Well, I don’t film … but you should all know by now that I am excellent at going off on a tangent
18. What is your favourite word?
New books … okay that’s two but it is honestly the best thing to hear … others than maybe bookshopping
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I have always identified as a nerd … don’t know why … just do
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I keep coming back to this question and my answer doesn’t change much it would depend on who’s version of vampires and fairies it is.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Personally I would rather be a shapeshifter … for absolutely no reason.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits … because I would enjoy drifting through a wall and scaring everyone.
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
This definitely sounds like a team Edward or team Jacob question. Twilight reference aside I would rather be a vampire … sounds a lot less painful.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I read both of these tropes … and enjoy them both but I think I would prefer forbidden love … it sounds like less people getting emotionally hurt.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
No question that I prefer an action-packed book with a few love scenes mixed in … that would always be my go to … but I can’t deny my love of a good romance books.
Now … who am I tagging …
Jenny @ jen jen reviews
Lainy @ bookish bits blog
Vicky @ roaring bookworm
And anyone else who wants to do it. Enjoy!