My name is Chiara and I am a Bookworm.
Does anyone else realise this is the last Wednesday before the end of the summer. Next Wednesday all the kids will be back at school including my baby brother who will be starting college (or sixth form if you prefer). Wow, has this summer gone fast!
This Wednesday I have decided to go with the topic favourite first sentences, which dates from May 28th 2014, and unlike my usual style I’m going actually give this an order starting with the number 5.
5. “There are to types of people in our town. The stupid and the stuck.” Beautiful Creatures, Kami Garcia
4. “Look, I didn’t want to be a halfblood.” Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, Percy Jackson
3. “In a hole in the ground lived a hobbit.” The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
2. “Mr and Mrs Dursley of Number 4 Privet Drive were proud to say they that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.” Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
1. “It is truth universally acknowledged that a man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
Did you enjoy my list? What are your favourite first lines? And also should I continue doing old T5Ws even after Sam has finished her hiatus?