Hi all my bookworms!
How are you all?
My name is Chiara and I am a Bookworm.
Today I have decided to do the Book Snob Booktag which I found on A Little But A Lot. If you want to see their post, check it out here.
I’m not sure I would call myself a book snob but lets see after I answer these questions.
1. Adaption Snob: Do you always read the book before you see the movie?
I always try to read the book before the movie but I don’t always succeed. In general I think books are always better than films because you can put so much more into a book than into a film. On the other hand there are some really good book to film adaptations out there that I will watch.
2. Format Snob: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
Physical books. There is no question about that. All the other benefits of the other formats are out weighed by the simple fact that they both need electricity to read them.
3. Ship Snob: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
That is a difficult question. If they understood how important reading was to me, and the ‘rules’ that come with that, then I think I could marry them but I would always want to share my reading with another person.
4. Genre Snob: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
I think if I had to choose one genre to give up for the rest of my life it would be crime. I love crime tv dramas but for some reason no how much I love the story I can’t get into them. However this does mean giving up Sherlock Holmes. Can I really do that?
5. Uber Genre Snob: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
YA. I know some people dont class it as a genre but I think that by only reading YA for the rest of my life I would have the best of everything. Some YA books have romance, some have fantasy, some have sci-fi. Or is this just me being greedy?
6. Community Snob: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
I don’t know that I would say that any genre in particular receives excess amounts of snobbery. Maybe YA (again I know it’s technically not a genre) but some people can judge you if you havent read a particular book or series.
7. Snobbery Recipient: Have you ever been snubbed for something that you have been reading or for reading in general?
I don’t think I have ever been a recipient of snobbery. I have received some very anti-book/reading comments at work when I read in the break room but apart from that not really.
So have you made your decision? Am I a book snob?
And I tag you! Feel free to have a go at it and thank you once again to A Little But A Lot for the idea to do this tag.
Until next time!