Hi all my Bookworms!
My name is Chiara and I am a Bookworm.
How are you all?
Another Sunday, another week over. I hope you are all keeping well.
How many of you are back at work yet? How many of you are still working from home.
I’m not back at work yet, but I will be soon. I’ve agreed to do one shift a week for the first few weeks, and to build back up as I become more comfortable with all the new systems in place.
Last week on #S4S I talked about the tropes that I loved, this week I am doing the opposite. Tropes I hate.
But first let me tell you all about #S4S. #SixForSunday, or #S4S for short, is a weekly book meme created in June 2017 by Steph over at A Little But A Lot, and each week there is a different topic. I really encourage you to check out their site.
And the topics for this month are:
5th July: Tropes you love
12th July: Tropes you hate (<– this week)
19th July: Overdone tropes
26th July: Tropes you want to see more of
And without further ado, let me dig in.
- Fake incest – I’m not even sure it’s a trope as I’ve only read it in one series, but if it is … it shouldn’t be.
- The One – I mean that in terms of fantasy. I don’t think the world relies on one person, the best fantasy stories rely on a team of people to get to the end.
- Insta-love – There’s a difference between insta-love and love at first sight, one I like, one I definitely don’t.
- Love Triangle – I don’t dislike the idea of love triangles, but I dislike how often it is used and I just think it is overdone.
- Damsel in Distress – Why is always the woman who has to be rescued?
- And … I can’t think of another one off the top of my head. Tropes aren’t my thing and I can’t think of another one that I can name right now that fits in this topic.
Let me know what your least favourite tropes are and maybe I can update this with some of your ideas.